The Huntly Nordic Ski Club was founded in October 1998 by a group of individuals who have been involved with Nordic skiing in Aberdeenshire for a number of years.
The Club is interested in all forms of Nordic skiing: track, racing, touring, telemark and roller skiing. We aim to cater for both novice and the more experienced skier and are particularly keen to involve families.
The Club Constitution states as its main objectives: to promote all forms of Nordic skiing; to associate and where appropriate affiliate with regional and national sporting bodies; to associate with other Nordic ski clubs and groups; assist and advise members on the improvement of personal performance.
The Club is closely involved with the Huntly Nordic & Outdoor Centre in promoting Nordic skiing and assisting each other wherever possible. For example, we jointly run the highly successful Junior Development Squad & many of our younger skiers have gone onto the GB Junior Cross Country Ski Squad.
The Club also works closely with other bodies such as Aberdeenshire Council & the Forestry Commission in for example maintaining & improving the Clashindarroch Forest Trails.
- Club Newsletter giving information on all aspects of Nordic skiing.
- Club website – www.nordicski.co.uk
- Advice can be sought from the pool of skiing experience within the Club, whether on equipment or the best skiing areas.
- Advice on ski courses and training.
- Opportunity to make skiing friends.
- A variety of ski events from the “serious” to fun